My Journey in PR
Thank you for landing on my BLOG PAGE.
Friends,
I'm passionate about sharing knowledge with you, and your feedback has been a
constant source of encouragement. As a firm believer that 'Everything I do or
say is PR,' I'm driven to continuously create and share valuable content. Today, in my 251st
blogpost, I’m very happy to share My Journey in PR with you.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a
single step’ – Lao Tzu
Friends, we write the story of our life with
our own decisions. What decisions we take, at which turn of life and under what
circumstances, that decision itself will write the rest of our story. As
I reflect on my journey in PR, I am filled with a sense of pride and
accomplishment. Throughout my career, I have forged key success skills through
determination, creativity, and resilience. My path has been marked by numerous
achievements, and I am humbled by the recognition I have received.
One of my
earliest accomplishments was founding the "Pandarian Youth Cultural
Association" with the support of my friends of Pandara Road, New Delhi and
organizing a cultural evening in Pandara Road, which showcased my leadership
and initiative. I also contested DU students' union elections, leveraging
creativity and promotional strategies to connect with my peers and prominent
political leaders at national level. These experiences taught me the importance
of innovation and perseverance.
My
contributions to Hindi theatre in Punjab, India have earned me recognition and
accolades from esteemed individuals and organizations. I am proud to have
pioneered this field and inspired others to follow in my footsteps.
Throughout my
journey, consistency and excellent time management have been key benchmarks. I
transformed a struggling rural branch of a nationalized bank into a thriving
success story within three months, demonstrating my ability to turn challenges
into opportunities.
During my career, I have crafted opportunities from challenges,
demonstrating a winner's attitude and resilience. For instance, reading rural
news in Hindi on DD Krishi Darshan, anchoring the Evening Live Show for DD
Delhi Kendra, organizing a press conference for Shri Vishwa Mohan Bhatt (a
Grammy Award winner), successfully executing a Ghazal Evening by Ghazal Samrat
Jagjit Singh for an audience of over 15,000 at IG Indoor Stadium, organizing a
screening of the Hindi film ‘GADAR’ for an invited audience at Siri Fort,
managing a book launch for a former senior bureaucrat at the Press Club of
India, handling dozens of press conferences and shareholder meets, arranging
hundreds of media interviews across print and electronic media, securing live
TV coverage of H.L. Parwana Football Tournaments, obtaining special TV coverage
for the bank’s development programs in Uttarakhand and Rajasthan, and earning
recognition from the top management of erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce
showcase my expertise in Public Relations.
On
July 18, 2020, during the COVID pandemic, I launched a series of FB Live
shows, starting with ‘20/20’, followed by ‘PR Ki Pathshala’ and ‘PRTALK’, on the
Facebook group "Public Relations @ Online", hosting live sessions to
share industry insights with over 20,900 members. To expand this educational
initiative, I also launched the YouTube channel “PRTalkByPRGuru”.
My contributions extend beyond my corporate career into thought leadership, academic research, and the creative arts:
- Author & Thought Leadership: Authored 4 books and contributed 12 chapters across
10 books edited by prominent media educators. Published 250 PR blogs as of
August 15, 2026 (www.sureshgaurprguru.blogspot.com).
- World Records in Blogging: Recognized as the only blogger globally to achieve
five record certifications - World Book of Records, Official World
Records, Golden Book of World Records, India Book of Records, and National
Book of Records - for blogging on Public Relations.
- PR Frameworks & Concepts: Pioneered the PR Definition, PR Model - RISE, Term
- The PR Alchemist, the 5Cs and 7Ps of PR, and The Communication Triangle,
while guiding research in the discipline.
- Performing & Creative Arts: Built a strong foundation in Hindi theater, acting in and directing numerous stage, radio, and TV productions. Currently working on publishing Ehsaas-e-Zindagi, a debut collection of 75 Hindi poems.
As I look back on my journey, I am reminded of the power
of determination and resilience. I have embraced life's
challenges and turned them into opportunities, achieving greatness in the
process. My journey serves as a testament to the impact one person can have
when they stay true to their values and pursue their passions with commitment and perseverance.
Friends, to conclude, my journey in Public Relations has been a proof of the power of dedication, fortitude, and purpose. Through my experiences, I have learned that success is not just about achieving milestones, but also about the positive impact we can have on others. As I look to the future, I am excited to continue sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my blogs on PR, setting new records in blogging on PR, inspiring a new generation of PR professionals, and leaving a lasting legacy in the field I am passionate about. With a heart full of gratitude and a spirit that continues to soar, I embrace the next chapter of my journey, knowing that the best is yet to come. Soon I will be uploading 252nd Blog.
The woods are
lovely dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
And miles to GO
before I sleep, And miles to GO before I sleep.
- Robert Frost
Thank you,
Dr. Suresh
Gaur, PR Guru
The PR
Alchemist
Comments
Post a Comment